Are you a Canadian kids’ book Publisher? One who wants to bring more attention to your authors and illustrators? Great! You’ve come to the right place.
By submitting your current titles to the Young Readers’ Choice Awards Society of BC for the Red Cedar Book Awards, you will be engaging directly with the kids who read your books, and reaching new kids who may never have seen your books!
The nomination lists are put together by the Red Cedar Book Awards Selection Fiction and Non-Fiction Committees. Each reading list has 12 titles. These lists are recognized by schools, booksellers, and public libraries as trusted selection resources.
Nominees are posted in the summer on the Red Cedar Book Awards website. Voting takes place in May, with the winners being announced in mid-June.
To submit your books for consideration, titles must be:
- Published in the last 2 years (2020 and 2021), as long the book hasn’t been submitted previously.
- Submitted by November 15, 2021.
- Written for children with a target age range of 8-12 (No YA books, please).
- Written and illustrated by Canadian citizens or landed immigrants residing in Canada.
- Published by a Canadian trade press located in Canada.
- Have at least 1000 copies in print or have capacity to fill demand for sales between Sep 2022 – May 2023. (We also encourage that Ebook versions also be available for sale.)
- Available in retail outlets, bookstores, and libraries across British Columbia.
- Not a textbook or reprint.
Self-published books are eligible if they meet all of the above submission guidelines.
Please note that submissions will NOT be accepted after November 30, 2021.
Publishers of shortlisted nominated titles will be asked to provide the Young Readers’ Choice Awards Society with digital copies for promotional use only of:
- book covers (1×1 jpg)
- author photos (1 x1 jpg) and bios
Publishers of shortlisted nominated titles must also provide to the Society:
Send five print copies of each title that you are submitting to:
Red Cedar Book Awards
c/o Marilyn MacPherson
Public Library InterLINK
#158 – 5489 Byrne Road
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5J 3J1 CANADA
Please note that we will now be charging a submission fee of $20.00 per title (not per copy). This fee will go towards the costs associated with running the Red Cedar Book Awards. we accept cheque or e-transfer.
Young Readers’ Choice Awards Society of British Columbia.
and send to:
Red Cedar Book Awards
745 Evans Place
Port Coquitlam BC