Some of the most famous buildings in the world are renowned mostly for their impressive height. Who hasn’t heard of the Empire State Building in New York City. But did you know that people have been building tall structures for thousands of years and for many different reasons? For example, the pyramids of Egypt were not even made for living people! Lots of great photos plus fascinating diagrams show how these amazing structures were built.
- Who designed the Eiffel Tower?
- Why was the CN tower built?
- What material was used to build the Tower of Jericho?
- How high is the NASA Vehicle Assembly Building?
- What does the word “prefabricated” mean?
Red Cedar Readers Reviews: