In Canada there are over 300 species of plants and animals that exist nowhere else on earth. Twelve animals are showcased in this book- some are world-famous such as the Spirit Bear and Whooping Crane. The habitat and diet of each animal or bird is described as well as an explanation of how endangered it is considered to be. There are lots of info tidbits in the fact file-did you know that caribou hairs are hollow to help keep the animal warm. This is a perfect book for budding naturalists.
- Why doesn’t a copper redhorse have legs?
- In what year did the Kermode bear become world famous?
- What are some of the things you can do to help these animals survive?
- How many Ungava seals are there?
- When are baby pine martins born?
Red Cedar Readers Reviews: