Mother and daughter “Team Kyi” introduce the pros and cons of social networking but highlight the ways that positive change can be accomplished and shared online.
This book is full of background information, examples and advice of ways to use social media for the common good. From standing up for women’s rights, to combating climate change, on-line communities can raise a voice, create a community and advance legislation to make a real difference. Whether your cause is small and local or global in scope, this information will help you become more knowledgeable, positive and much “better connected”!
- What are four examples of ‘social media smarts’ ?
- What does “fourth wave feminism” mean?
- If you could create a new online community, what would your online “passion project” be about?
- If you wanted to join a diverse or activist community on-line, what would it be?
- What are some positive steps you could take against cyber-bullying?
Red Cedar Readers Reviews: