|Marie-Claude Oullet||Owlkids Books|
Readers will be truly inspired by the stories of these remarkable Canadian paralympic athletes.
Read this fascinating book about our talented and dedicated Canadian athletes who each have to overcome a physical challenge to become elite at their sport. Learn how a young man, blind from birth, was inspired to become an athlete by Terry Fox and a young woman born with part of her left arm missing, went on to win a gold medal at the Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games! How did these ‘paralympic’ games come about anyway? Understand the importance of the Games and the difference they have made and continue to make in the lives of so many high-performance athletes.
- What does the word “paralympic” mean?
- What motivated these incredible young people to train at the elite level and become champion athletes?
- What awakened their competitive nature?
- How did they get involved in the Games?
- Are any of the paralympians in this book from BC?